I am no stranger to treating myself on a Friday night after a long, hectic work week. I always tell myself – nope not going to happen this Friday! This Friday I’m going to be good! Does that ever happen?
But hey, if I’m going to bake it up and indulge, I at least feel better about it when there are NO leftovers! So here’s a quick chocolate-mousse-for-two recipe perfect for a Friday night dessert – or any night for that matter!
Chocolate Mousse for Two
An easy, delicious chocolate mousse perfect for two.
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 strawberries
- 2 tbsp shaved chocolate for garnish
- In your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the egg and granulated sugar for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream in saucepan over medium heat until hot (do not boil.)
- Pour the hot cream into egg mixture slowly, while mixing on low, until combined.
- Pour cream and egg mixture back into saucepan and heat on medium-low heat while stirring until thick – about 4 or 5 minutes (do not boil.)
- Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate chips until melted and creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours until cold (I know. Waiting is hard!)
- When chocolate mixture is chilled, whip up the rest of the whipping cream with your whisk attachment on your electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Remove chocolate from fridge and fold whipped cream into it with spoon until smooth and fully incorporated, saving a bit for later.
- Fill cup or bowl with mousse, spreading leftover whipped cream on top layer.
- Finish with your sliced strawberries and shaved chocolate and enjoy!