Mmmmm, these cupcakes are amazing! Sweet, chocolatey, creamy, tart – all in one bite! This will be your go-to recipe for something simple and delicous.
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (32 grams) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) canola or vegetable oil (we used olive oil)
- 1 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate disks
- 8 medium strawberrys
To make the chocolate cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined in a stand mixers. Then whisk in the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until just combined. The batter will be thin, this is okay.
- Evenly distribute the batter between all cupcake liners, making sure to fill each one a little over halfway full. Bake in separate batches at 350°F (177°C) for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and carefully remove the cupcakes from the pans, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Dip the tops of the strawberry’s and set on parchment papered cookie pan.
- Now, dip the tops of the cupcakes in the chocolate and stick on a strawberry.
Adapted recipe from https://www.livewellbakeoften.com